At Cleaning Victoria, we are proud to have our one and only hand-made and Persian rug technician, who have experience in not only cleaning Persian and Afghan rugs but also in making them. Whether you have an antique hand-made rug or a modern machine-made rug, we take care of it when it comes to cleaning. Our rug cleaning procedure might be long but it worth it, to get an almost new, clean and sanitized carpet back. Our rug cleaning process is as follow:
- Step 1: inspect and analyzeFirst we will send you our technician to identify and carefully inspect your rug. Knowing the exact composition of the fibres, whether it is wool, silk, cotton, or synthetic, will help us in understanding what chemical use to clean it.
- Step 2: dust and dirt removalIn this step, our technician use special machineries imported from overseas to suck out the dirt and dusts which could not be removed with an ordinary vacuum. Removal of these excess dirt and dusts is important in allowing the carpet knots to be raised, which in turns allow the carpet to be cleaned from deep in.
- Step 3: testing and pre-treatmentsEven though our rug experts know what chemical to use on cleaning your rug, but testing the colours of the fibres is important before we start. Different combination of coloured fibres on a rug, if not careful might led to dye bleed when cleaned, just like when you throw different coloured clothes into the washing machine together. Therefore, testing is one important step before we start the cleaning.
- Step 4: shampooing and brushingAeach type of rug and/or mat is made of different composition of fibre. therefore a thorough examination is needed
shampooing of your rug/mat depends on its fibre composition. once we select the right shampoo for your carpet we proceed with the cleaning process.
- For delicate rugs made of wool, cotton, and synthetic materials, we use our rotary machines to brush the fibres for a maximum clean
- for super delicate rugs including hand-made, silk rugs, and antique rugs we use hand-brushes to brush the carpet (depending on the carpet delicacy).
not all carpets,mats and rugs need modern machineries to be cleaned. modern machineries are sometimes way too harsh for your delicate carpets. please note that modern machineries will reduce the life-span of your carpets,mats and/or rugs.
- Step 5: RinsingOnce the shampooing is done, then the rug is sent through our rinsing machine, where cold water is gently poured on the rug to wash away the shampoo and remove and extract the remaining moisture and dirt particles.
- Step 6: DryingIn the last step, patience is required the most, if the rug be delivered to your home before a complete dry, it will have an unpleasant smell. The drying of your rug is depend on the composition of your rug. All rugs entering our drying room will be tested by moisture meters before we release them to be rolled to your home.
- Step 7: DeliveryHours before delivery, we will check, groom and vacuum your rugs. Than the rug is rolled and placed in a vehicle to be sent home.